Monday, April 9, 2012

Holy Mole Guacamole


Last month's bunco was hosted by Rebecca.  I love March, its the beginning of spring and all the great food that goes with the season.  The guacamole was quite addictive.  I wanted to stick my face in it and just claim it was a facial.  But I digress, everything was fabulous with a plate full of grilled meats, salad, and sparkling sangria.  I wish I had taken a picture, but Akane (soon to be permanent) made dice shaped cake balls for dessert.  So stinking cute!

Guacamole per Rebecca's husband, Mike:
My Guacamole consists of as many avocados necessary to make as much guacamole as needed - I used 8 large Haas. I diced in a couple of campari tomatoes, 1/2+ of a yellow onion and seasoned with garlic powder, coarse ground black pepper and sea salt to taste. Sometimes you can add a little bacon too.

White Sangria:
3 bottles white wine or champagne
1 cup sugar
3 large oranges
6 limes
6 lemons
1 2L bottle Ginger Ale
1 20oz bottle Sprite
 
Melt the sugar with just a little hot water to form a simple syrup. Mix wine and sugar water. Squeeze in the juice from 2 oranges, 4 lemons and 4 limes and refrigerate over night. Before the event mix in the Ginger Ale and Sprite, slice the remaining fruit and add to the sangria and done!
 
See you all tonight at Jill's house for her last hoorah :(

1 comment:

  1. Anyone shocked that they were Mike's recipes? I doubt it :-)

    ReplyDelete